Just go and enjoy yourself. The cruise is what you make of it. Remember that you are on vacation and take things in stride. Everything may not work as you have planned. In 2011 we were to go to Bermuda which we love, but due to a potential hurricane we were rerouted to the Florida/Bahama itinerary. We cruised that route 4 times before and it's not our favorite. We had an enjoyable relaxing time. Only got off the ship for about 2 hours in Nassau.
Top 25 Contributor
answered 11 months ago
- Dutchess Cty, NY
Enjoy it! You can't help it, you will feel the ship moving because, well, it is moving... If you happen to come across some big seas, understand, these ships are very sea worthy and while you may feel uncomfortable the ship is safe. Think of a ship like a rubber duck, no matter how hard you try, you can't tip it over. A ship is designed and built very much with this same theory.
Top 10 Contributor
No need to be nervous, just relax and enjoy the cruise. Following are some tips.
* Staterooms mid-ship have the least motion.
* Be flexible in what you do and when (i.e., dine when it's not peak hours of 7-8:30 which is the most crowded in the dining venues.)
* If you're prone to motion sickness bring medications or check on board at guest services. Food items such as green apples, saltines, ginger ale alleviate upset stomachs.
* Review the daily activity sheet left in your room for things to do each day.
* Book any shore excursion you don't want to miss out on prior to departure. Popular ones book quickly.
* Research the Bermuda tourism web site for things to do and transportation (i.e., 1,2 or 3 day all you can ride pass).
____There are buses to Horseshoe Bay Beach, the best free beach.
____Ferries to St. George's & Hamilton.
* Become familiar with the ship via the following NCL links:
Top 10 Contributor